Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cooking With Kurma Cooking Experts: What Are The Cooking Times For Various Weights Of Turkeys With The Dressing In It?

Cooking experts: What are the cooking times for various weights of turkeys with the dressing in it? - cooking with kurma

I cook my Turkey complete with dressing up to 450 ° F thawed in foil sealed. Start the timer and I do not open it at all until the end. I'm trying to create a simple table with a sliding scale, which can develop the weight of Turkey and benchmarks with the cooking time when cooking assistance. Baking is usually 20 pounds 3 1 / 2 hours and is perfect. I have a cannon of 17 pounds, once at about 3:06 ET was perfect. But when I realized 24 pounds for 4 hours (my estimate) of the line that is not enough. Then perhaps a curve is better than a straight line. But I really do not know. If you are the ideal cooking time for different weight of the turkey with dressing, in which I would like your opinion worked. That does not bother me that it is authorizing the temperature (350 ° F or otherwise), provided they have the perfect time to cook all different weights on Turkey in the same way as I cook worked. That would give me useful information that I could work.

3 comments:

Robert said...

You Dind all the information you need here:
http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC3 ...

fire_bir... said...

After Wegmans.com:

Early bird at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 and continue roasting for about 15 min / lb until the internal temperature of 165 degrees in Turkey.

Improve Stuffed turkey: the cooking time of 15-20 minutes filling should reach about 165 degrees.

mr danger said...

Ignoring the fact that you are not the stuffed bird to cook for a moment, the best solution is to get a digital thermometer double probe. A sensor measures the temperature of the furnace and other measures, such as food temperature. The magnetic thermometer outside the oven and keeps are two basic types of wired and wireless.
Take a sheet of graph paper and start drawing the temperature points of time.
The target is measured 165 degrees in the depths of the filling.

Post a Comment